oh hey disney food, you are the best!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Disneyland Food Guide: For Treat Lovers

Can you believe this Disneyland food pictures are from all the way back in October?  I have been dreaming of Disneyland and figured it was time I needed to get this blog post done!  I love at each holiday Disneyland has the cutest treats to go along with the holiday!  All the pumpkin treats were too cute!  

This was a Micky Mouse pumpkin rice crispy treat!  It had white chocolate and sprinkles on top!  I love any of the rice crispy with white chocolate on them, and with the fun orange sprinkles, this crispy was perfect! 

Disneyland Food Guide: For Treat Lovers!

I always tell people, if you are only going to get one treat from the Disney bakery, a Fruit Skewer is always a good pick!  It is a huge pineapple wedge dipped in dark chocolate and it is amazing! My mom does not like dark chocolate, but she loves these pineapple skewers!  I have never found someone to not like them!  The combo a cold and juicy Dole Pineapple wedge, smothered in thick chocolate, is oh so tasty!  

My nephew Bryce in this photo got a chocolate Mickey cake pop!  They make the cake pop with marshmallow ears for Mickey! How cute is that?!  Bryce loved the chocolate pop and ate it all up!

Disneyland Food Guide: Cozy Cone Motel
Disneyland Food Guide: Cozy Cone Motel

Not only is The Cozy Cone Motel the cutest ever! But it has the best food and drinks!  We can never pass up getting a chili cone queso from one of the cones!  This is one item we never like to pass up eating at the park!  Something about a bread cone, and chili, oh so delicious!  I also really love the pretzels at one of the cone huts!  They are big fluffy pretzel balls and dipped in cheese, they are soo good!  I heard their popcone (popcorn) is delicious and has fun flavors but have not had a chance to try it yet!

Disneyland Food Guide: Churros

A churro is always a Disneyland must!  Our favorite churro cart is by the Hunted Mansion.  I swear there churros are the best!  If you are at California Adventure, our favorite churro cart is in Bugs Land! Also, I heard Disneyland now has Churro Ice cream sandwiches and different flavored churros right outside disneyland at Downtown Disney!  We have been need to go for a Disney trip just to try those!

Disneyland Food Guide: Flat Bread Pizza

One of Jakes favorite meals at the park is at Pinocchio's Village Haus.  He really likes their flat bread pizzas! Since it was Halloween Time, they had a few food specials, and this buffalo chicken flat bread pizza was one of them!  Jake and I both love spicy and hot food so we new we hat to try it!  Of course we loved it too!  When were at Village Haus eats, we sat at the exit where the Frozen characters were and we loved peeking in when people would walk out and see the fun going on there!

Disneyland Food Guide: Dole Whip

Jake always want a Dole Whip from the Tiki Juice Bar!  He would eat 10 of these everyday if there was not a million places we wanted to try and eat at Disneyland! Even if there is a wait for a dole whip, its always worth it!  P.S. Always order your Dole whip inside the waiting area for the Tiki Room is the outside line is long! There usually is never a wait in that line!

Disneyland Food Guide: Ruben Sandwich

Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe is a place we love to stop and eat.  Its also great for groups since they have a large selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, etc. to eat there!  We have loved every thing we have ordered there!  This was our first time trying the reuben sandwich.  There sandwiches are big and enough food for two!  The sandwich was delicious and we topped off our meal with a Matterhorn Macaron.  The Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe is the only place I know of at the park to get a Matterhorn Macaron and they are the perfect light, and fresh coconut white chocolate treat to go with any meal!

Disneyland Food Guide: Paradise Garden Grill
Disneyland Food Guide: Paradise Garden Grill

A new place we tried at California Adventure was called Paradise Garden Grill!  We have always seen it tucked in the corner, and were so glad we went to eat there!  They had lots of fresh meat skewers to pick from and was a healthy choice at the park!  Next time though I will probably get the chicken skewer. We will eat here again next time we go!  Also there is a lot of seating around this area and live music groups that come play, so its a wonderful place to enjoy a meal!

Disneyland Food Guide: Olaf Marshmallow Skewer

Olaf for the win!  Normally I don't jump to eat a marshmallow, but this Olaf was so cute I wanted to eat him.  He was marshmallows dipped in carmel and white chocolate.  I never guessed this would be the most magical combination every!  Jake and I both agreed it was our new favorite treat at the theme park!  In fact we loved it so much, we bought a bunch little marshmallow Olafs to take home to family and they all loved them!  He got raving reviews from the entire fam!

Snow White Poison Apple

We are always so impressed with the craftsmanship of the Disney Chocolatiers!  I mean, how rad is this "poison" carmel apple?!  We thought it was just perfect!  I love all the cute designs on the fun apples! 

Paradise Pier Ice Creamy Company

Paradise Pier Ice Creamy Company is always a great stop on a hot day! Nothing better than a swirl ice cream on a cone!

Disneyland Food Guide For Treat Lovers

Any time we pass a Disney bakery/candy shop at the park we can't help but stop in for a quick snack!  The black spider is a cakepop with gummy bear legs.  They do all flavors of cake pops and I got the vanilla kind since its dipped in milk chocolate and black sprinkles!  After I ate this cake pop my mouth was black!  Jake and I were cracking up!  It was worth it though since the spider was fun to eat and he was perfect for Halloween time at the park!  I decided though, I am not much of a cake pop girl.  The quality of it is fantastic, but I really love the taste of rice crispy or a carmel better.  I still cant resist buying the cake pops though because they are a work of art, they are so cute!

The middle item in the picture above is a Matterhorn Macaroon!  They are found at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.  These are the perfect treat to throw in your bag because they are not messy and hold well!  Also for Disney prices, they are on the inexpensive end!  They sort of taste like a coconut girls scout cookie, but even better!

The item on the right is a Maleficent Rice Crisply Treat!  I thought it was so darling!  It was really tasty!  I have found though on the rice crispy treats, taste wise I like the ones with no chocolate on them or only white chocolate.  Then the crispy taste and marshmallows really stand out!

Disneyland Food Guide for Treat Lovers

After eating several Olafs, we tried pumpkin marshmallow skewers.  They were just as good since they had the carmel and white chocolate combo on them!  We never knew we would be so hooked on marshmallows!  Jake liked the Olaf one better since it didn't have sprinkles and just playing chocolate, but I liked the sprinkles!

Bangled Barbecue Bacon wrapped Asparagus
Bangled Barbecue

If Jake and I are trying to eat better, or we ate so much junk food and we are trying to eat a quick and healthy meal, we end up at the Bangled Barbecue.  The service is always exceptional here!  I always find the cast members to be fantastic, but every time we have been at the Bangled Barbecue the service has been off the charts fantastic!  We have tried all the skewers multiple times and love them all! I also think the price is great and you get full on healthy food choices! They are also a great snack!

Carthay Circle Restaurant at California Adventure
Carthay Circle Restaurant at California Adventure

Jake and I made reservations at Carthay Circle Restaurant at California Adventure for our first time!  Ever since this restaurant was built we have been excited to eat here! I am so glad we finally got to go.  I do have to say though, we were both disappointed.  The service was great, but the lighting was a little to dark.  I don't know if it was an off day, but it was kind of hard to see in the room, and I always love to see my meals.  The presentation of the food is always so beautiful at Disney restaurants I was bummed I couldn't see all the colors of the food on the plate.  We got a pork chop dish that we kept hearing great reviews about, but didn't love it.  It had a few too many flavors going on.  It was a great sized dish big enough for Jake and I to split, so that was nice!  Next time we go I want to try a few different dishes and find one we love.  I am not giving up on finding the perfect meal at Carthay Circle!

If you want to see more of our favorite Disneyland food picks, you can check out some of our other Disney Food posts below!

Must eat places at Disneyland | Disney Eats | Disneyland Food | Disneyland Food Picks

Post a Comment