a new eating out fav

Thursday, June 13, 2013

food blogger, food blog, food reviews, utah food reviews, black sheep cafe, gourmet food, provo eats, center street, provo, places to eat in provo
Jake and I have heard great things about Black Sheep Cafe and have been wanting to go! We got to go on a double date with my friend Sasha and her husband Lehi! It was so fun! Jake and I hardly ever go on double dates and it was super fun! I loved everything we ordered to eat, and I could not help but look at other's plates of food around the restaurant and have plate envy! I wanted to eat it all, so we will have to go back for sure real soon! On a side note though, if you ever go eat here, plan on waiting a few hours for food! We were there from 7:15 to 10:00... Good thing we were in good company! I would say the food is worth the wait! I am sure if you skipped the dessert, you could take an hour of time off that too! I would highly recommend making reservations before going! They have one long table to eat at and a few small tables, so if you don't want to share a table, call in ahead and ask for your own table :) But it could be really fun eating communal style and meeting some new friends! 
food blogger, food blog, food reviews, utah food reviews, black sheep cafe, gourmet food, cactus juice, cactus drink, sweet potato fries, sweet potato, cactus, blue cheese, blue cheese burger
Jake and I ordered  the Blue Burger and a side of Sweet Potato Fries and Street Corn. The burger was delicious  Not a heavy burger and very tasty. If you are scared of blue cheese, don't be with this burger! I didn't even taste any!  We loved it! The fries were great and didn't need a sauce. They were thicker than an average fry, but thinner than a fat fry. I liked them! The street corn was good to try, but I wouldn't order it again. I am not a big corn on the cob person but for some reason I really wanted to try it! haha

We also got the Cactus Pear Lemonade! Oh wow, that was my favorite thing of the entire meal! It was only $5.00 and came in a huge bottle, enough for 4+ glasses of drinks! We drank it up so quickly, we loved it! It's a hand squeezed lemonade with prickly pear puree! Oh sooo good! I highly recommend trying it if you ever get a chance!
food blogger, food blog, food reviews, utah food reviews, black sheep cafe, gourmet food, corn on the cob, street corn, mexican corn, corn, side dish, side food
Sasha ordered the Green Chile Stew with Fry Bread, and holy cow...it was amazing! I LOVED it! I am for sure ordering that, or the Indian Fry bread meal next time! 
food blogger, food blog, food reviews, utah food reviews, black sheep cafe, gourmet food, brownie, brownie and ice cream, dessert
For dessert I got the brownie. It was more cake like to me with the dense brownie taste. I liked it.
food blogger, food blog, food reviews, utah food reviews, black sheep cafe, creme brulee, creme brulee with habanero, gourmet food, dessert, places to eat dessert,
Jake got the Creme Brulee with a hint of habanero. He really liked it! Sasha loves the Creme Brulee here too. She said its on her top 5 Creme Brulee spots! Can't wait to go back again and try more yummy food!
food blog, food blogger, pork, soup, chili, potato, corn, salsa, fry bread, black sheep cafe, green chili pork soup, soup, places to eat in provo, provo restaurants,
Since I got this post ready, Jake and I have gone back to Black Sheep Cafe!  I got the green chili pork salad with a side of fry bread! Wow, the potatoes and corn in the soup make it! The flavor is fantastic and perfect for a cold day or summer afternoon.
food blog, food blogger, black sheep cafe, places to eat in provo, provo food, food review, hog jowl tacos, tacos, pork tacos,
Jake got the Hog Jowl Tacos for his entree. The meat was super tender and juicy! I tried one and really liked it. It was heavy though, and I couldn't eat more than one.

4 comments

  1. That food looks amazing, and so pretty. I love the presentation!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Black Sheep. I mean, it helps that my friend is one of the owners, but still. I've never had anything off the menu that wasn't all out amazing and worth the (often considerable) wait.

    My favorites have to be the Navajo Taco Trio, Cactus Pear Lemonade, Creme Brulee, Bleu Burger, and Goat Burger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am obsessed with the Black Sheep Café! I love their food, I wanna eat there everyday lol! I totally loved the street corn, so much that I've been copying it at home lately! Thanks for getting me hooked on The Black Sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks so good! I think I might need to try it out sometime...I feel like we need a lunch date soon :)

    ReplyDelete