Arizona Eats :)

Friday, July 19, 2013

When ever I go home, or anywhere for that matter, my trip is planned around food. I have always loved food! I go to bed dreaming about food, and wake up wondering what I am going to eat :) When I was in Arizona, there were a few food places I wanted to try, and to also make sure I ate at a few of my favorite places too! The tacos above are from a new place that opened up on Gilbert called Joyride Taco House. I thought the restaurant was lovely, had super comfy chairs, fun colors and decor. The sad part was, the food looked beautiful, but wasn't my favorite. I don't know if it was the flavor combo, or what, but sadly I didn't like it. My friend who was there with me didn't love it either :( We'll have to try it again though and see if we ordered the wrong thing!
One of my favorites when I go home is Nielsens Frozen Custard. The turkey grinder sandwich and the french fries with fry sauce are divine! Not to mention the custard is pretty dang good too!
I normally don't like nuts on my ice cream, but I always get almonds on my chocolate custard ever since I was little.  It's one of my favorite summer-time treats at Nielsens.
Native New Yorker is also a favorite of mine. It's a must go to for me. I don't know why I love it so much, maybe its the memories, or the fact I am obsessed with chicken wings, but I LOVE it there!
 Hot wings and french fries! Some of my favorites!
A trip home is not complete without some cookies from Sweet Cakes! I also love to eat there, but the sugar cookies....wowzers, are they good! I always stop by several times during my visits home for some sugar cookies, and some to bring home ;)
I got to go on a lunch date with one of my best friends from high school, Scarlett.  We met at a cute sushi restaurant in Mesa called Got Sushi.  I loved that they had a lunch special and lots of fun rolls to pick from.
Volcano Roll

This Chelsea salad and Margarita pizza from NYPD Pizza were to die for.  A medium pizza was more than enough to feed three!
My mom and I got to eat at a new Indian restaurant near our cabin called the Taj Mahal.  The food and service was great but sadly we had to pay for the rice.  Next time we'll remember to eat the lunch buffet instead.  Rice and curry proportions are always important.
Jake and I got to eat at one of our favorite Indian food places in AZ called India Oven.  They have a scrumptious buffet.  Jake's favorite is the unlimited mango lassi (a smooth yogurt drink).
Yum!  Nielsen's Frozen Custard!!!  This one was a reese's peanut-butter-cup mix!
 I also got to go to In N Out with my cute parents. We always love a good burger!
We had several family party's while at home, and at one of them my brother in law made the most amazing coconut shrimp with a mango habanero dipping sauce! Oh yum!
Lastly on the drive back to Utah, we stopped for a break in the middle of nowhere for a delicious slice of coconut cream pie (they were all out of chocolate!).

2 comments

  1. Yummy!!! Your pictures of the food goodies are almost edible themselves. Now the cravings begin. Looks like you had fun!

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love nypd pizza, sooo good!

    K

    ReplyDelete