Life Lately

Friday, July 18, 2014

Kelsey Bang on Instagram

Summer has been so crazy busy so far, and I have been loving it!  I recently got these Valentino Rockstud Calfhair flats and I have been wearing them every day! They were the perfect summer purchase!  I am wanting to by more of them in a few colors!  I love how they are a casual shoe, but I still feel a little dressed up with them.

Jake and I got to celebrate National Doughnut Day!  We picked up some doughnuts from Target and ate way to many of them!  Lets be real... one doughnut is never enough :)

I am loving all the vibrant flowers this summer! All the bright colors are my favorite!

Isnt this llama the cutest ever? Jake and I got to start our summer off spending a week in Texas with my lovely sister Hayley and her fam!  We went to a super cute petting zoo/gator farm and my sister captured this llama picture!  He was so friendly and nice!

Kelsey Bang on Instagram

I feel like July has been passing by way to quick!  Trying to plan some fun adventures coming up!

I got to attend a fun event some of my lovely friends put together called Bright Night.  It was an amazing, up lifting event for women.  They did an amazing job putting it together!  My friend Emily and I got to go together and had to snag a picture with the awesome HUGE balloons!

Jake and I have been going to lots of fun bbqs and family dinners this summer!  I seem to find myself bringing watermelon to everything :)

Took a candy break at Yogurtland with Jake.  Somehow we always end up with more candy than yogurt... 

Places to eat in Utah

Jake and I got to go on a fun dinner date with one of his old roommates to Pizzeria Limone.  We have really been wanting to try the pizza there, so I am so glad we got to go!  I got the caprese salad and Jake got the Viola.  We both loved them!  Next time I want to try a pepperoni and sausage pizza!

Our neighbor was so sweet and brought us over a huge slice of chocolate cake.  I loved how she wrapped it so cute with the napkins and forks!  It inspired Jake and I to get out of the house and take some drinks and the cake to a park for a little picnic!

Swig cookies, a good magazine and my new sunglasses case!  I took them all to the front porch and hung outside to enjoy the day!  P.S.  One Swig cookie is never enough... I cant just purchase one.  Its an addictive cookie! I recommend one and a half for one sitting :)

A yummy steak salad and fries meal at Cubbys with my old roomate Emily!  I had so much fun seeing here and catching up!  Nothing I love more than good company and good food!

Kelsey Bang on Instagam

I heard it was National Sugar Cookie Day, and with sugar cookies being my favorite food, I could not pass the holiday up! Jake and I went to The Chocolate to get a yummy sweet treat!  We each brought a book to read and enjoy while we were there!  I brought The Secret Garden.

Jake and I had a super emotional week when it was time to give our turtles away.  Jake and I have been turtle parents for 5 years, and have loved it.  We had four turtles and they were all this tiny when we got them.  They have all grown through out the years! Our smallest turtle was 8 inches and our biggest was 10 inches long and a few pounds!  We had all the turtles in huge tanks in a room and I felt  so bad seeing them all each in their own tank because they had gotten so big.  We have been wanting to build a pond for the turtles in the backyard, but have not had the resources to build them the type of filtration pond they needed.  We felt so blessed to find a great man who was willing to take all four of our turtles so they didn't have to be split up.  He has a huge ranch with other turtles, and a fun pond.  I still cry because I miss our turtles but I am happy they all get to live together and be outside in a big space.  I sure miss them.

Jake and I made a late night trip to Walmart for some printer ink and ended up finding this darling cruiser bike!  When we both saw it, we knew it was a must! And for $129, we were SOLD!

Some late night tacos from when we were on a trip!

Kelsey Bang on Instagram

This summer is flying by way to fast!  Luckily we have been able to spend some fun time outdoors and at a local pool!

One of my all time favorite pair of Valentino heels!  I died when I saw them and had to get them!  I love that they are not the typical item I would think from Valentino :) Recommend sizing a whole size down on these heels.

Summer Salads have been a favorite around here! Until I think I found out I am allergic to lettuce :) hehe  Bajio Chicken Green Chili Salad is one of Jake and I's favorite meals!  We love to get the tortilla on the side so we can dip it in ranch!  If you are ever looking for a yummy fresh meal, I highly recommend it!
Purse | White Jeans | Shoes (sold out, similar style)

We have been doing quite a bit of flying this summer!  I love being above the clouds and looking down.  It always makes everything look so peaceful.

Kelsey Bang on Instagram

I love Jdawgs!  We normally eat there often, but since it is summer I have been craving hot dogs everyday!  I feel like Jdawgs and Swig cookies are the perfect summer staple!

Do you wanta, wanta Fanta?! Remember that fun song from the commercial?!  Jake was so kind and built me the most beautiful shelves in our closet for shoes! Wahoo!  We were really lacking on shoe space and had to think of a fun design for the closet!  Jake did such an amazing job on them!  I love going into our closet and just starting at the shelves..with the cute shoes on them of course!  We did so many trips back and forth to Home Depot, I grabbed way to many cold Fantas at check out! 

As I am looking at my pictures I am realizing I really care about food! haha I was craving macaroons so we stopped by The Grand America Hotel for some!  They are the best macaroons we have found in the area!  The coconut and raspberry were my favorite flavors of the day!

Susan from Freshly Picked was having a fun get together at Bam Bams BBQ for her Shark Tank episode re airing!  Jake and I could not pass up some killer bbq and went!  I love Bam Bams Brisket and potatoes!

Kelsey Bang on Instagram

This summer there has been a ton of fun blogging events/ parties!  I got to go to a fun spa party at Amara Salon.  They had killer swag bags!  I found this awesome candle in the swag bag and could not wait to light it!

I got to attend another blogging event with my darling friend Sarah!  We met at the Bright Night Event and just hit it off!  I love when that happens!  She was so fun to spend the evening with!  We got to go to a dinner party at Toscana.  Everything from the limo ride, red carpet and food was amazing! 

Jake and I have been having fun going on lots of bike rides this summer!  We found a few new trails that we have been loving to ride!

Some summer essentials!  Fun shoes, a doughnut and fireworks :)
If you want to see more of what Jake and I are up to, you can find us each on instagram to follow along in the fun!  Make sure to sign up at liketoknow.it if you want to get outfit details sent straight to your inbox!

8 comments

  1. Such cute photos! I want the same huffy cruiser at Walmart, but I want the one in Pistachio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this round up Kelsey! So sorry to hear about your turtles, sounds like they are in a pretty nice new home though. Have a great weekend!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun round-up! I love those Valentino flats! They are amazing!!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rockstud flats, seriously best purchase ever!
    Your pictures are darlign! Find me on @kp0ssible lets follow eachother :)

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsey,
    I love having the opportunity to read this incredible post Thank you for being so candid and sharing it looks like you have been having a blast this summer!
    Xo Miss Erin
    www.misserinsays.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photos are amazing, and ur summer sounds so wonderful, I love all the fashion pieces u've got, especially those valentino shoes and the Prada shades <3 i didnt know there were certain celebration days for cookies and donuts cause i'd be totally up for them hahah. Wish u'll be better after giving the turtles away, i'm sure they will be missing u just as much as u've been missing them xx hope u'll have a great weekend ahead with Jake and really excited 2 see more of ur plans come in2 action, i bet they'll be super fun xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.com
    Xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these photos... So fun :) Also dying over your Rockstud flats. I have the cognac ballet flats and wear them all the time. I think the cage flats are next on my list! Adore your blog.

    xo, Bekka
    Palm and Peachtree, A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog
    Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete