Quick and Easy Fruit Pizza- 4th of July Edition

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Quick and Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
Quick and Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
Quick and Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe

Happy 4th of July tomorrow!  Growing up 4th of July was not a holiday I was constantly looking forward too, but as I have gotten older it has become a favorite!  I love the bbqs, being with family, swimming, fun traditions, and of course fireworks!  One of my favorite family traditions that my mom does is making a delicious 4th of July Fruit Pizza!  

With my family coming to visit me at my home this 4th of July, I thought I would like to make a fruit pizza! This recipe is super quick and easy, and great to prepare in advance for a party or event!  I really like to make the fruit pizza process easy so I buy pre-made sugar cookie dough and ingredients.  If you wanted to get fancy, you could do homemade sugar cookie dough which could be fun!

With bake time, making this pizza took me about 25 minutes!  I made it in the morning so I would have it ready for a bbq that night! 

Hope you have a great 4th of July today and get to do something! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Ingredients:
Sugar Cookie Dough (I used 2 Pillsbury Pre-made Sugar Cookie Rolls to fill an entire cookie sheet)
Cool Whip- 8 oz
Cream Cheese- 4 oz
Fresh Fruit

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to the temperature on the sugar cooking baking instructions.
2. Spread out pre made cookie dough on a cookie sheet.  Make sure to spread the cookie dough to all the edges of the pan.  You can use a round cookie sheet if you want pizza looking slices! I like to use my Silpat so the sugar cookie comes right off when I cut it!
3. Cook the cookie dough according to the directions on prepackaged cookie dough.  I have found it may need a few more minutes to cook than directed. Check as needed.
4.  While the sugar cookie is baking, cut up your fruit if it needs be! I did a 4th of July inspired fruit pizza but there are lots of other fun fruits to put on a sugar cookie!  I really like kiwi, blackberries, and other fruits that will not brown!
5. Use a blender, or hand blender to mix your 8oz of Cool Whip and 4oz of Cream Cheese together till it is a nice, smooth consistency!
6. After your cookie is done baking, let it cool off.  For a quick cool off, stick it in the fridge!
7.  When the sugar cookie is cooled off, spread your Cool Whip and Cream Cheese spread evenly over the entire top of the cookie.
8. Add fruit!  This is the fun part! My mom likes to cover the top of the cookie with tons of fruit, I like to decorate the cookie in fruit patterns!  There are many ways to do it, and they all taste delicious!
9.  Lastly, take a picture of your cute fruit pizza and then cut a slice to eat :) Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any questions!  This is a super fun and easy recipe!

Supplies/Shop the Post:
Octopus Plate: Anthropologie 
Fruit Bowls: Anthropologie
Cookie Sheet: Target
Silpat: Target (awesome for all types of baking and caramels)

10 comments

  1. What a super fun recipe. So festive….love it!
    Michele
    http://www.roguetutu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so amazing! I've been debating what kind of fun dessert to make for the 4th and now I'm thinking it might have to be this one.

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! Perfect for the 4th!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so amazing. I think we'll have to make it tomorrow. Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, amazing, dear!

    xx
    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Happy 4th of July.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's not just a cake, it's simply a masterpiece! I can't believe, that an ordinary person can retry it too,because it looks like a special dessert from chef:) In addition, those photographs turned out so great, you are very creative!
    Wish you a great day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fruit Pizza? I love it! I'm definitely going to tryout this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete