take it to the barre

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com

HIS LOOK

HER LOOK

EXTRAS

If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed a few posts relating to working out.  I will be honest, I have never been one to work out, be dedicated in trying to be more healthy or enjoy any physical exercise.  Recently Jake and I started working out at a studio called Xtend Barre and have been loving it!

This is the first time in my life I have ever enjoyed working out! The classes are so intense and I get a full body work out! Its amazing! Its only been a month and Jake and I both feel like we have seen some big improvements!  Not only have I been sleeping like a rock every night but I feel like I have gotten stronger and my body has gotten more tone.  Jake feels like he has more energy and that he is getting more flexible.

When I think about mine and Jake's first class at Xtend Barre, we got our butts kicked! We both got so woozy and were out of it! Now I feel sad and miss the work out if we miss a day. We are both hooked!

Xtend Barre is a mix of Pilates and Dance. I have never done either of them, and neither has Jake! We were both a little nervous being out of our comfort zone and trying 2 new things, but we have really grown to love the classes!  I feel each class I can try and push my self and keep learning new things my body can do!  It is pretty amazing!

At the studio there are a few different teachers and I feel they all are so amazing! I like going to the different teachers to mix up the routine.  All of the classes are at scheduled times, which at first I thought I would not like. Its actually been super helpful in helping me go each day and keep a routine! There is even an app you can sign up for classes on, and it really helps me be more committed to coming to class.

Earlier this year I set a goal for starting a more healthy life style, and I feel I am finally on the right track with the help of Xtend Barre! If you ever get the chance to go to a class there I highly recommend it! You wont regret it!

3 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try this workout. I have not been the type to go to the gym regularly and only recently began going to the yoga studio regularly. Looks great!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course you look lovely while doing it! Is it similar to pure barre? I tried that once and it kicked my butt!

    xx,
    B
    http://www.cellajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like my type of workout! I need to find a place (that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg) to do barre!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete