Cactus Fiesta Party Food and Decor

Monday, May 30, 2016

Cactus Fiesta Dessert Table

Jake recently graduated with his MBA and it was time for a celebration!   I wanted to plan a surprise party for him since Jake loves surprises!  He really loves catcti so I knew it needed to be a cactus party!  The party was on Cinco De Mayo so I thought it should have a little fiesta vibe too!

When I was planning the party I knew I needed some super fun decor, so I headed to Zurchers to find some supplies!  I was so excited when I was at the store and found lots of great goodies! I got all the pom poms, garland, balloons, paper straws, napkins, cups, plates, chalk boards, sombreros, and photo booth supplies there!  You can shop for your own cactus party collection with everything here in one spot!

Cute Cactus Themed Party Treats
Cute Cactus Themed Party Treats
Cute Cactus Cupcakes
Cactus Fiesta Party Decor and Food Ideas

Our friend Emmy makes the most amazing cupcakes! Jakes favorite are the maple bacon, so I knew I had to see if she could make some for the party!  She made all the cupcakes, cactus sugar cookies and mini donuts for the celebration.  She did such an awesome job on them! I got the flower shaped sugar cookies and brownies at The Chocolate.

Fiesta Drink Spread in cute Glass Bottles
Fiesta Drink Spread in cute Glass Bottles

No party is complete with out some cute drinks! I always love getting glass bottles for parties because they also look darling!  Since the party was a fiesta cactus party I thought it would be fun to have some colorful drinks!

Build your own terrarium cactus party stations
Build your own terrarium cactus party stations

For the party, I wanted a fun activity for guests so we had a build your own terrarium table!  I got all the succulents, cactus dirt, and rocks at my favorite garden store, Sun River Gardens!  They were super awesome and ordered all the plants so I could have enough for the party and helped me find all the products I needed for the table.

I have an entire post coming up dedicated to how to "build your own terrarium!" so stayed tuned for that soon!  It will have more detailed pictures from the stations.  I ordered all the terrariums online at Amazon and got them all for about $1.50-$1.99 each.  I got two styles here and here.

Chips and Salsa Party Bar
Chips and Salsa Party Bar
Chips and Dips Cactus Party Bar
Chips and Salsa Party Bar

Its not a fiesta without some chips and salsa!  I really loved how the balloon banners turned out!  I was worried that they wouldn't work how I envisioned them in my head and they were perfect!  They might of been the favorite part of the decor!

Cactus Fiesta Party Decor and Food Ideas
Cactus Fiesta Party Decor and Food Ideas
Cactus Fiesta Party Decor and Food Ideas
Cactus Fiesta Party Decor and Food Ideas

No party is complete these days without a photo spot!  I didn't know if guests would really use the photo wall but I wanted to make sure I had one!  I was so glad I added it because it was a hit!  I think almost every guest grabbed their photo here :)

Thanks for stopping by today!  If you have a party coming up, make sure to check out Zurchers!  They have an awesome online selection and ship all over!  You can check out everything I picked out for the party here.

If you want to see more of the party, the set up, close ups, invites, etc., here is a vlog from it all! Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment