My Best Friends Wedding

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Navy and White Wedding Cake

Stacey and I met in our college years and became the best of buds! We first met met at a mutual friends cabin to go snowboarding.  Our love of snowboarding really brought us together and helped us start a friendship.  We ended up snowboarding quite a bit together, and then becoming roommates!  We were roommates 2 years and went on many fun adventures together!  

Stacey was with me from the time I first met Jake, till the day Jake and I got married.  Stacey and I have been through a lot together and I felt so honored to be able to come to her wedding and be the Maid of Honor.  I felt so special being able to spend her special day with her!

Writing this post, I cant help but cry seeing Stacey in these photos!  She was the most beautiful bride.  Its really crazy being part of someones life and seeing their journey through love and finding someone they want to spend the rest of their life with.  I feel so honored that Stacey let me in her life and I got to see so much of her relationship with her now husband form. 

Stacey and Jace's wedding was beautiful! It started with an amazing wedding weekend! Thursday we got into Texas and met up with Stacey.  Jake and I got to go check out Stacey and Jaces new condo! That evening Stacey had the funnest Bacholorette Party! We got to go pole dancing,  out to a super fun dinner, and open some fun presents!  

Friday morning, the girls got to all get our nails and toes done, while the boys went and played basketball.  In the afternoon we got to have a great lunch at a Bridesmaid Lunchin.  It was so fun to be in Dallas and enjoy the area!  That evening was the wedding party/friend dinner.  It was at a super fun restaurant called Seasons 52.  The food was fantastic, and the company was just as good!  I got to see some people I have not seen in since college and it was great to catch up!

Saturday morning we all were so giddy and excited for the wedding! Staceys mom was so cute and thoughtful and had an amazing hair stylist at the hotel to do all our hair!  This entire weekend I felt so spoiled by Staceys family.  They were so sweet and loving, and I really felt the southern hospitality! I almost felt like it was my wedding day! :)  After we all got ready, Stacey met up with Jace to do the "first look."  It was so darling! Jace had not seen Stacey's dress yet, and he was in tears seeing how beautiful she looked.  They took some pictures, and then we all headed down to the Dallas Texas Latter Day Saint Temple to see Stacey and Jace get married.

The wedding its self was beautiful! Stacey and Jace could not stop smiling! It was so fun to see those two get married and make the commitment to get married.   After the wedding ceremony, we all got to take group pictures! Then we headed over downtown for the wedding reception.  The reception was at the tallest building in Dallas on the 69th floor.  The venue was beautiful, and the view of the city was spectacular! It was so fun being able to see the view transition for dusk to evening.

The reception was beautiful! Everything from the flower arrangements, to the amazing seated dinner, to watching Stacey and her dad dance.  I loved it all!  After some fun appetizers and a fantastic dinner, we got to watch Stacey and Jace cut the wedding cake!  They were cracking me up as they ate their cake and made a toast!  After we got to see them off through a trail of sparklers, and drive off to their hotel for the night!  It was a fantastic evening!

I am so excited that Stacey got married, and so excited she found someone to love, and that loves her just as much!  Being married, I have learned a lot about myself, and have learned being with someone who loves and supports you is the best!  

15 comments

  1. i love the simplicity of the bridesmaids dresses, and that she changed into the white version. so sweet.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing. I love everyone's dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she was an absolutely beautiful bride and I love your shoes!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish I would have known you were here, I would have flown up to meet you. Just a 45 minute flight. I used to live a couple of blocks away from the Dallas Temple. Beautiful wedding photos !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your best friends wedding is gorgeous! I love that she used navy. I really wanted my sister to use navy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, Kelsey! Your friend looks gorgeous. That blue looks great on you and your hubby looks so dapper!

    www.girlinahotcity.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks like you had a wonderful time! u look both fabulous..
    great and lovely blog, i really like it and I like to scroll on it!°°

    wanna follow each other?
    http://angeliqueprefers.blogspot.gr/2014/06/design-sketches-fashion-by-angelique.html#comment-form
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg how gorgeous is her dress!!! Gorgeous pics ;) love your shoes!


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos! Love your shoes!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful couple. love these shots

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful wedding! She is so gorgeous! Everything looks perfect.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful bride! It looks like such a lovely wedding. You and Jake look perfect as well!

    prosecco in the park

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful wedding! I am in love with her dress and I love the navy on you!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! I loved reading your fun times with your friend before her vows. I think all of my friends are married now but this post made me want to be in or attend a wedding. Congrats Stacey and Jace! Rachel xo http://garaytreasures.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/errands/

    ReplyDelete