Calvin's Baby Blessing

Sunday, October 9, 2011

This has been a great weekend! Saturday Jake and I got to sleep in! When I woke up, all I wanted to do is sew! So..thats what I did! Jake even made me a delicious breakfast. I got to finish up some small bags I had been working on. Then one of my all time best friends Scarlett came over! She was in town for the weekend and she came over to say hello! We had so much fun talking for hours! It was so wonderful to see her! I LOVE Scarlett. It was great to catch up! For dinner Jake and I went to Jdawgs and got delicious hot dogs, and topped off our meal with Arbys jalepeno poppers! Then we watched some tv shows and went to bed.

I have really been enjoying the rain for the past couple of days! There is something about rainy days I really enjoy! Maybe the fresh air, the sound of rain and the pretty gloomy clouds. I like rain.
Sunday was a busy day! We got to go to Jakes brother Nathan and his wife Joannas baby blessing for their new son Calvin. It was nice going to their ward, but I am really missing our Sunday School class! We have not seen them for 3 weeks and I really do miss them and think about them a lot. Nathan did a great job blessing Calvin and it went great! (in the picture from left to right, Kelsey, Jake, Cameron, Dad, Mom, Nathan, baby Calvin, Joanna, Claire.)
After the blessing, we went to Jakes parents house for a yummy vegetable clam chowder dinner, with yummy brownies! It was great! When we got home to our house, I went straight to work getting some party plans settled! I have a bridal shower coming up for my friend Heather Parker and a Halloween party coming up that I am soooo excited for! So, I made some party plan mock ups and grocery lists! Wahoo! I love an excuse to party! I really can't wait! This has been a great relaxing weekend! Now time to hit the books!

1 comment

  1. WOW THOSE FAMILY PICS WERE AMAZING!!! Your and Jake's coordinating outfits are so classy and chic!!! oooooo- LOOKIN' GOOD! Calvin sure is a chubby cutie too! So fun kels- missin you like crazy- but alas- I'll see you in 2 months!!

    ReplyDelete