Peter and the Starcatchers Series

Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Peter and the Starcatchers is the first of 5 books in the series. I just finished reading the first one, Peter and the Starcatchers. The book is all about how Peter Pan started to become Peter Pan and where he came from. It serves as a prequel to J. M. Barries novel Peter and Wendy...that I have yet to read, and yet to read the original Peter Pan book, which I will do after I finish this series.  

I found this series at the book store when I was looking for a new book to read. I read Ridley Pearsons Kingdom Keepers Series and really liked it, so I thought I would enjoy his other books he has worked on, and so far I have enjoyed them all.


I got the hardback books because I thought they looked cooler than the paper back. The hard back covers are golden and have nice illustrations on the fronts. The inside pages of the books also deckled edge paper, which seems to make it neat and add to the time period feel of when the books were taking place.

The book started off a little slow for me. Not that the book was not fun or entertaining at the begging but I think I was kind of tired, so it took me a while to find some interest. When I got to page 100 or so and pirates got involved in the book, I was really liking it. I really liked how the book was creative. I thought the two authors did a fantastic job writing the book overall. I feel they kept one voice through the story and was written well. I liked all the charters in the book and how they made things come to be. I liked how Peter got his magical powers and how he would always be a boy and how fairy dust came to be. It was nothing I would of ever imagined or thought, so I really liked it, because it all seemed some what...believable.

The book was full of wonder, adventure, mermaids and surprises. I liked the friends Peter made and the wonder of the "stardust." The book had an ending that felt conclusive, but left it so you wondered, what adventures would Peter and the soon to be "lost boys" be having on "Neverland." You also wonder more about Black Stache and when he becomes Captain Hook. I also liked to find, it wasn't the crocodile that ate Captain Hooks hand off.....it was something else... I am excited to start reading the next book in the series, Peter and the Shadow of Thieves.
Peter and the Shadow of Thieves was great! I liked the adventure in this book and mystery that took place the entire story. I liked this book more than the first book. The first was good, but took me a while to get into. This book was intriguing from page one. In this book you learn why Peter is not a fan of shadows. He gets to go to London and help Molly and the Starcatchers on an adventure. It was a good story and a easy read. It is kinda scary in the sense of thinking of someone stealing shadows.....It made me exited to read the next book. I hope the next book tells more about Peter and the Lost Boys lives on the island! I want to learn more about them and there fun times!

Post a Comment