The Mysterious Benedict Society

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

As soon as I read the back to this series first book The Mysterious Benedict Society I knew I would love this series. "When this peculiar ad appears in the newspaper, dozens of children enroll to take a series of mysterious, mind-bending test. (And you, dear reader, can test your wits right alongside them.) But in the end just four very special children will succeed. Their challenge: to go on a secret mission that only the most intelligent and resourceful children could complete. With their newfound friendship at stake, will they be able to pass the most important test of all?"

Sound great huh? The moment I started reading the book, I loved every minute of it. It is a fun, not so typical book about "special/talented/smart kids. The book is about 4 orphans/runaways that learn they have something very special to offer. Through a series of tests,  4 kids get picked to learn about a secret that is going on in the world and how they can help stop this madness going on. The kids get ready to prepare to be spys to enter into the last place they would want to go, "A Learning Institute for the most Enlightened."

Right away when the get to the new school, there is weird things going and a huge twist when the meet the school owner. You also find out where the "helpers" are coming from, and wonder if any of them could be special people to some of the kids.

In the book there is a crazy mind reading kinda scheme going on, and it really makes me wonder about weird things like that...I think that is what the author is trying to get you to think about. Not to be scared, but just to "think" and use your time wisely.

The end of the book is amazing. Make sure to read the extra chapter in the back of the book. Everything you could of hoped for these kids, happens in an awesome way. It is great!

The whole set of books is a great deal. I bought the 3 pack at Sams Club for $13.00. I know you can also order them on amazon.com for about $14.50. I would say this series will be the best bang for your buck.

I started the book yesterday morning and stayed up till 4am to read it. Sadly I feel asleep when I had 3 pages left. I tried so hard to stay awake eating frozen food, tortillas, fruit rollups,....but at least I was super excited when I woke up to finish my book this morning! This book was amazing! I love all of Rick Riordian books so much. They are my favorite. This book is now up there with those Riodian books. I am going to start reading the next book in this series right away right away.

Post a Comment