Visiting Grandpa

Monday, February 4, 2013

One thing I was most excited about coming home to Arizona, was to see my cute grandpa Bang! I got to go with my mom and visit him everyday while I was home! I LOVED it! AZ has been a huge change for my grandpa. When his wife passed away in November, grandpa came home with my mom back to AZ. My mom and dad found a nursing home for my grandpa so he could have 24/7 care. His room was huge, and perfect for him! A cozy bed, lots of pictures of family, and lots of chairs to sit in. I LOVED being able to visit my grandpa. He is still so strong, and with it. Its crazy to me what an amazing memory he has. 
Grandpa loves Hayley! Hayley has lived in the same state as grandpa in Ohio for a few years, so they have a special bond :)
Giving Grandpa Kisses :)
How cute is this? So my grandpa is a huge advocate of eating healthy and staying fit! He is 93 years old and still works out! Here is grandpa on his slant board that he made years ago. You sit on the board with your head to the floor so blood can get to your brain. He will even do leg exercises on it. He is the cutest! I loved seeing my grandpa! I wish I lived in Arizona so I could visit him everyday. He is so cheerful and happy! Just seeing his cute face everyday would make me so happy :) I am grateful for the time I was able to spend with his this trip, and hope for more time in the future.

3 comments

  1. Okay, this has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen. I can't even take it! And seriously, if he can work out...then I have no excuse!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun reunion! Your grandpa looks so fit and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha he is SO cute! I love that he still works out, how awesome!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete