Graffiti and a Polka Dot Bowtie

Thursday, November 21, 2013

kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com
kelseybang.com

HIS LOOK- Blazer: UNIQLO | Shirt: Jcrew | Bowtie: Ralph Lauren via NordstromRack (similar) | Jeans: All Saints | Shoes: Sperry Topsider | Belt: Australia

Anyone else think graffiti can be a form of art? I have always loved fun graffiti and think it is so neat. Growing up I would always draw my last name BANG and imagine what it would look like on a wall. I actually got that chance when I move to college. I lived in a house, where everyone called it the "crazy house." Us gals that lived there called it the "Candy Shop." The reason it got so many fun names is because the house was going to be torn down, so we painted all the walls, and had a graffiti artist come over and do a few walls! It was so much fun! I have so many fun memories of living in that house! Striped walls, polka dot walls, neon colors, it really was so fun to wake up to.  This house is actually the house where I actually met Jake for the first time too :)

3 comments

  1. i love his polka dot bowtie!!

    thelolajames.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cuffed jeans and topsiders. It gives everything a nautical spin!
    -Ash
    www.thestylizedwannabe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love graffiti too, and I especially like looking at what is on all of the trains that I have to sit and wait for. It's kind of neat how that graffiti was probably done in another part of the country, and now it's traveling to another part of the country -- a moving art gallery!

    There is also a house that I drive past that is famous for this cement wall that they built and arrange for graffiti artists to come and use as a canvas. They've had many themes: 80's television shows, Where the Wild Things Are, and recently Gay Pride.

    I love the bow tie and the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete