Gatorland

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland
gatorland

Outfit Details HERE

When Jake told me were going to Florida for a week, I knew there was a place we had to visit! When my mom took me and a few sisters on a cruise when I was in high-school, we ported out of Florida.  Mom knows how much I love alligators, she planned a day for us to visit Gatorland.  It was seriously one of the best days of my entire life I knew I had to go back someday!  I was so glad I got to go back with Jake!  Luckily he loved it just as much as I did!  If I could have my dream job I would be a Great White Shark, or Alligator tamer.  For some reason, I think they are 2 of the cutest animals around!

Gatorland is a theme park full of alligators!  They even have some crocodiles, wild cats, petting zoo, and more unique animals to the Florida area that are all fun to visit, but the alligators are the main attraction!  They have a ton of visiting spots to check out the alligators!  You can even feed the alligators hot dogs! I think that is the coolest thing ever! I mean havent you always wanted to feed the animals at the zoo? Well you can here! You can purchase hot dogs and feed the alligators! I had so much fun feeding some medium sized alligators! They came up on the sand so close to me! (fences in between us :)  They were so cute as they would crawl out of the water to try and be the first ones to get the hot dog!

Jake and I had so much enjoying the fun shows, being able to wrestle our own alligator and go on a fun train ride!  I found out from the alligator wrestling show how it all came about.  I guess in the past when cattle farmers were taking their cattle across country alligators would eat the cattle, and the farmers didn't want to kill the alligators for eating their cattle, so the sport of alligator wrestling began!  I dont know if that is really true or made up because I tried to look up how alligator wrestling began and all I could find is a odd short answer on wikipedia. But I would like to believe people choose to wrestle alligators over killing them.   I get so sad when people are scared of animals so they do something crazy.  Anyways..

I loved the albino alligators! They had four of them! I could of stared at how pretty they were all day! One of them had the brightest blue eyes I have ever seen! It was amazing! I never knew an alligator could have blue eyes!

If you love gators, or zoos/aquariums, if you are ever in Florida, I highly recommend checking out Gatorland! Its such a fun spot to visit!

5 comments

  1. I seriously adore Gators! Of course, I'm from Florida and root for the Florida team, the Gators. I have several articles of Gator clothing and I always tell me daughter that gators are cute. At two she would respond to "What does a gator say?" with "CHOMP CHOMP!". So yeah, we love Gators around here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I have lived there and I never went!! So sad. These pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these photos are pretty terrifying! Lookin good as always.

    XO Jenessa

    http://jenessasheffield.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! i remember going there when i was 8.. very fun. that last photo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! I've never been to gatorland!
    -Ash
    www.stylizedwannabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete