4th of July Extravaganza!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wow! What a 4th of July! This is my first 4th of July since I was little...not in California. I got to spend it in Utah, and it was wonderful! I was shocked at how many things were going on in the area, and what a splendid time it all was! Jake and I started the morning off at 6am in Provo at the Ballon Launch. It was so fun to see so many hot air ballons! It made me really excited for our hot air ballon trip we have coming up :)  
We really liked the piggy hot air ballon! He was awesome! We saw lots of friends from our old singles ward, people in our new ward we live in and friends from all over. It was fun! After a fun event...we were starving! We headed to Maglebys for some delicious breakfast!
YUMMMMMY! Maglebys was so good! They put a slice of special bacon with all the meals, and oh my goodness...I cant stop dreaming about it! It was caramelized with brown sugar and magic, and so good! Next time I got to Maglebys I am asking for 5 sides of bacon for my meal :) After a big breakfast, it was time for a nap! Jake and I went home and slept! I was so glad, because I was so tired from waking up so early!
In the afternoon, Jake and I went to a local park to meet up with lots of his cousins and family! It was a super fun bbq and gaming afternoon.
After the bbq, we headed to the Riverwoods to go with Jakes cute parents, Cameron, his date and cousin Spencer to see The Amazing Spiderman. I will have to say...I was skeptical about seeing a new spiderman because I thought it was to soon for another spiderman movie to come out...but I LOVED IT! Wow, I really loved it! I thought they did a great job on the movie, and I just love Emma Stone. She is one of my favorites :) The movie was really action packed, intense (I came out of the movie theater a sweat ball I was so anxious the entire movie). This is one movie I wouldn't mind seeing in the theaters again!
After the movie, Jake and I headed to Provo to go to the Freedom Festival! Jake and I rode our bikes everywhere all day! It was really fun! It was a bit toasty out, but we had a blast riding our bikes! It was also great to avoid 4th of July traffic!
 Locking up our bikes to go check out the Freedom Festival.
 Vendors and food :)
 Tuney and some flowers
We got a jamba from the food vendors, and went over to Gurus for some sweet potato fries!
 To top off the evening, Jakes parents were so sweet and got us tickets to go with them to Stadium of Fire! I was so excited because I have never been to it before! I have heard great things, so I knew I was in for a treat!
 The Beach Boys were the main event! I was so impressed with how awesome they still are! I loved hearing there fun music! They were great, and always will be!
The firework show was awesome! I was so glad Jake and I rode our bikes so we didn't have to leave early! Normally I would be racing to leave early so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic. The fireworks were great! There were so many fireworks, it was raining ash! It was pretty neat! I really enjoyed Stadium of Fire. After, Jake and I hopped on our bikes, and headed home! What a perfect 4th of July!

4 comments

  1. This really does look like the perfect 4th of July! I'm glad y'all had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fourth looks awesome! The breakfast looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow! you had a really action filled fourth. i never took a hot air balloon ride, but i imagine it's one of those things that probably scares you for life or something you want to do over and over again.

    leyla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that top picture is so amazing! looks like you had a blast, mz. bang. love this post. XO.

    ReplyDelete