S'more Time

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort
S'more Time at the Montage Deer Valley Resort

HER LOOK
Coat: Asos
Sweater: Forever 21
Shirt: Target
Sneakers: Converse
Earrings: Tai Pan Trading
Lipstick: Mac-Diva

HIS LOOK
Sweater: Levis
Shirt: Nordstrom
Jeans: All Saints
Sneakers: Converse

Awhile back when Jake and I got to have a fun staycation at the Montage Resort in Deer Valley we had a blast roasting s'mores every night!  There were so many fun things to see and do while at the hotel, but s'more time might have been one of our top favorite things to do there!  

The Montage Resort has complimentary s'mores every evening for their guests.  It is complete with homemade marshmallows (Jake's favorite flavor were the peppermint) already broken up chocolate (milk and dark), graham crackers and roasting sticks!  There are even wipes for cleaning your hands after if you like!  

Our first night we were at the hotel, we rushed down to s'more time right when it started we were so excited!  Jake and I have never been big s'mores eaters, but with the fresh homemade marshmallows on the dark chocolate bars.. we could not stop eating them! We were so amazed we both ate four s'mores each and wanted to eat more of them! 

I have to talk about the homemade marshmallows for a minute since they were so neat!  For starters, the marshmallows were square, which was awesome!  And you could always get your marshmallow just the way you like it!  I don't know how they magically did it, but the marshmallows did not burn.  I seriously tried to light them on fire and they wouldn't!  They must of had magic powder on them or something fun like that ;) Every time you put a mallow in the fire it would be toasted to perfection!

Hanging around the fire was also a fun social event!  Jake and I met two really cool couples that were also staying at the resort and we all really hit it off!  We actually have stayed in contact with them since the stay-cation and we are all hoping to do a Disneyland trip together soon!  I love how being around a camp fire can really be a fun and bonding time!

Jake and I hope to go back for a visit soon at the Montage and eat some more yummy s'mores with the peppermint marshmallows!  They were so tasty and the view was so memorable with the gorgeous snow capped mountain scenery!

17 comments

  1. Yummmyyy!!!! :D
    Also, I love your coat! Such a great color
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks even more spectacular every time you post it. I just love these photos of the two of you. You capture so much emotion. (:

    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful place to stay and I am in love with your coat :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg that place is gorgeous. Love your coat.


    Nightchayde

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post for several reasons. First of all, your capulet is gorgeous! The shoulders & pattern is bold but not over stated. Two, I'll be in Utah at the Montage come the evening of Jan. 19th. I can't wait. Unfortunately it's for work & not play. It will be my second time visiting the resort. I'm always running around and never have time for a shoot. I'm so jealous of you guys.

    www.stylegonerogue.com (new post)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tartan cape! Very chic!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww man, I want to have a smores party!! lol! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so fun and what a great location for a shoot!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love s'mores so this sounds like so much fun! I love your coat here. It is so cute!

    Nicole
    Nicole to the Nines

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried s'mores, but I'd seriously love to. That place looks and sounds great. And I am seriously crushing on your coat here :)

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with your style!! LOVE this post!!

    xx Olivia

    www.hellooliviablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That place is so gorgeous!
    xx, Adriana
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, yum, yum! This looks like so much fun, and you both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a huge fire pit! It looks so much fun... I saw this on your Instagram and immediately had to look this place up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your plaid coat is amazing
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun shoot!! Love your plaid coat!

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely shots, make me miss snow even more

    ReplyDelete