Best Homeade Oreo Recipe EVER!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

If there is one thing I know how to make and am known for it, it is deffinalty homemade oreo cookies! It is always a crowd pleaser! I get asked all the time for the recipe, and it was my Sunday Schools class special request for me to make them this week, so I though I would share how its done! I am not going to lie, I have been very secretive about sharing this recipe but thought it was time to let that go...I have tried tons of homemade oreos, and this is what I came up with, love the most and taste the best!!!
This is also SUPER SIMPLE and only takes about 30 minutes all together!
Before you start, preheat your over to 350 degrees.
Ingredients
1. Pillsbury Devils Food cake mix 1 box- 88 cents at Walmart
2. Frosting- either vanilla or cream cheese - $1.25 at Walmart
3. Two Eggs
4. 3/4 cup of vegetable or canola oil. Does not matter.
(This recipe is super easy to double to if you want to make more cookies! I would recommend not putting in all the oil at once and seeing how much you need as you go if you add more boxes of cake mix)
* Optional sprinkles or food coloring to change frosting color or decorate cookies with.
*Sometimes its also really good mixing mini chocolate chips in the batter!

Recipe makes about 25-30 small completed Oreos! 
Step one: Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Step two: Put eggs, cake mix and 3/4 cup veggie oil into a mixing bowl and mix it up till the mixture becomes a thick dough ball. I always mix by hand on these cookies but I am sure a mixer would work to.
Step three: Do not grease up the pan before placing the dough on it. They will not stick at all because there is so much oil in them :) Side note...this is a mini cooking sheet, because I have a mini oven and a large pan won't fit inside the oven, so these dough balls really are small. You can put a lot more on a large cookie sheet because the cookies don't spread to much.
Step four: Roll the dough with your hands into little or large dough balls. I like to make them about 1 inch each so when they bake they become the size of a real oreo.
Step five: Place cookies in oven and set your timer for 7-8 minutes. This way they will be extra soft and delicious to eat! You can cook them longer if you want a harder cookie, but 7 minutes is perfection!
Step six: After the cookies bake, take them out of the oven and put them straight on a cookie cooling rack. This way they will not cook any more, but will firm up on the cookie rack and become ready for frosting.
Step seven: After cookies have cooled for about 10 minutes you are ready to get frosting! This would be the time to dye your frosting if you are going to make it a cute color!
Step eight: EAT AND ENJOY! These are oh soo good! I know this will sound weird, but I think they are even better after the second day. I like to place all the cookies on a plate and wrap them tight with suran wrap and then eat them the next day! They are even better! Weird I know...Well hope you enjoy! Let me know if you make them and like them, or if there is a better recipe out there for these I must try :)

2 comments

  1. that is the cutest timer ever! oh my gosh kels i love these im so glad you shared! you are famous for these :) ill call them k bangs haha ;) YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy you posted this recipe! It's the best. Love reading up on your life girl.

    ReplyDelete