leapin to california

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My friend Megan asked me if I wanted to go to Disneyland for Leap Day because it was open for 24 hours! I immediately said...YES! Sadly, she wasn't able to go anymore, and so I had no one to go with anymore. So Jake knew a girl at his work that loves Disneyland and gave her my number! She rounded up a group of friends and we headed off for California! If you read this part of the text convo...you can tell you know these girls would be an awesome time!
We left Tuesday afternoon and drove straight to California! We stopped in St. George to pick up a girl named Alexis! So we got smoothies and Taco Bell. I was cracking up because you could get avocado in your smoothie and Jake always puts avocados in smoothies and I think that is so gross.
We got to California around 9 o clock and checked in to our hotel. We stayed at the Ramada right by Disneyland. It was a fantastic hotel, and I would totally stay there again! After checking in to the hotel and getting settled in, we were hungry! We headed to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and get some dinner. I was DYING to go to the LEGO store, so we went there first! I got some awesome new LEGO sets! Then we went to the Grand California Hotel to go to dinner. We went to go to Napa Rose, but it was closed for a private dinner party.....so we went to Jazz Kitchen! None of us were bummed that we ate there because it was amazing! They had a Jazz pianist playing and singing and he was fantastic! And our meals, as well as dessert was amazing!
I ordered the steak medallions. It was delicious! I would order this again!

When we got back to the hotel, it was time to get to bed to wake up bright and early the next day to go to Disneyland! Disneyland had announced that the first 2000 people to enter the park on Leap Day at 6am would get special mickey mouse ears! We all knew we HAD to get them! So we set our alarms for 4:15 am! Disney here we come!

Post a Comment