School of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

fashion blog, fashion blogger, style blog, style blogger, mens fashion, mens fashion blog, mens style, mens style blog, womens style blog, anthropologie ootd blog, anthropologie ootd, anthropologie, ootd, mens ootd, womens ootd, book review, school of fear review, school of fear
I LOVED this book! I saw it months ago at Barnes and Noble when looking for books, but ended up not getting it. Recently when, back at the store, I saw it and had to get it. I was so glad I did! I thought the entire book was quite clever. The plot, the theme, the characters  and even basing everything on fears. All clever. The book starts off with 4 "contestants" and their fears (spiders and bugs, water, small spaces and death). The first chapters of the book tells about each "contestant," their family life, their fears, and how they came to hear of The School of Fear.

As the "contestants" arrive to school, they are in for all sorts of adventures. The head mistress is a wacky lady (kind of reminds me of Ms. Rizzol from Magic School Bus). Her home is a mansion with tons of weird rooms with interesting concepts. Mrs. Wellington the head mistress was even an old beauty pageant winner and taught the kids all she knew. After a week of being at the school, the kids were in for quite an adventure, when Mrs. Wellingtons trusted "friends" turns out to be a little to sneaky... I dont want to say any more though, in fear of ruining the twists and turns in the book.

School of Fear was an easy read and a fun one! The characters in the book were cute and relatable.   I found myself opening the book, and not being able to put it down till I finished it! I need to get the rest of the books in the series now! Cant wait to read them!

The book even got me thinking if I had any serious phobias or fears. I couldn't think of any, but I am sure faced in the moment of something fearful, I would know! I also liked that Mrs. Wellington taught, that overcoming fears is a process. It takes time and is something to be worked on till you forget all about it.


fashion blog, fashion blogger, style blog, style blogger, mens fashion, mens fashion blog, mens style, mens style blog, womens style blog, anthropologie ootd blog, anthropologie ootd, anthropologie, ootd, mens ootd, womens ootd,

2 comments

  1. Ooo, sounds like a super fun read! The husband and I like to take trips to Barnes & Noble - he studies and I read a new book. And we grab a nice hot chocolate from the Starbucks cafe. It's the perfect mini date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness, I am totally getting spy school and school of fear! I love the idea of these books. I might even get them in paperback instead of kindle version since the covers are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete