Seattle Day 1: Red Lion Hotel, Shopping, Skillet Diner, Cupcakes and Cream, Seattle Great Wheel

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Last week Jake and I had a blast in Seattle! We got to fly up on Wednesday morning and arrive in Seattle in the early evening! When we got to the airport we picked up our rental car and headed to the city to check in to our hotel!
It was such a beatufiul day out, we were both so excited! I was so excited to have a trip just with Jake. No work, all PARTY! I liked the adjusting speed limit signs. It helped move traffic nicely.
We arrived at our hotel! Can I just say, the location was AMAZING! When we go to Seattle again I want to stay here again. When I looked our window I could see Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, 2 shopping malls, Banana, JCrew, Gap, Anthro....all out my window. It was dreamy.
Tuna and Jake getting settled in...
View out our window. I Love CITYS!
After we got unpacked...of course the first thing we did was....go SHOPPING!!!! We shopped for a few hours until we went to meet up with Jakes good friend Jeff aka Ninja. Jeff and his fiance picked us at our hotel and took us down to Union Square where we went for dinner.
We ate dinner at a place called Skillet Diner. Oh it is awesome! It originally started as a food truck and is now a restaurant! The entire time we were there it was packed! Well, lots of things on the menu looked really good, so Jake and I ordered a few to many items. Caramelized grape fruit,  roasted beets, poutine, which is french fries in a house gravy, cheddar and herbs, and to top off our meal..
a fried chicken sami! It was a deep fried chicken onfennel seed crust, pickled and charred jalapeño aioli, kale, potato bread. YUM! After dinner, we said our goodbyes to Jeff and Amanda so they could drive back home. Jake and I were still in party mood so we went out and about to find some dessert!
Jake and I found an ice cream shop and stopped to get some cookie sandwiches. We tried bacon and whiskey ice cream that was really good! It was strong whiskey flavor though! I got red velet cupcake ice cream. We both got salted chocolate chip cookies that were delicious! I really like the salt flavor with chocolate. It really brings out a yummy chocolate flavor. 
Walking around town. Free drinks, cool water fall, funny Starbucks posters.
We saw a ferris wheel in the distance and decided to go take a ride! We found a neat statue outside the Seattle Aquarium.
Jake and Tuna love octopus's.
Getting on the Seattle Great Wheel. I guess they just recently built this ferris wheel. Night time was so fun to go on it! The crowds were not to long...that also could of been because it was 10:30 at night...but we got a long 40 minute ferris wheel ride. We really enjoyed seeing the city lights. When we went by the ferris wheel during the day the lines were so long! I was glad we went in the evening. Plus..it was beautiful and romantic ;)
Here are some pictures from the ferris wheel.
After our Seattle Great Wheel ride we headed back to our hotel room. We were loving seeing the lights outside our room, we slept with the windows open to fall asleep to the city lights. I LOVED it! This was a perfect first day in Seattle!

4 comments

  1. wow looks like so much fun, i LOVE seattle. glad you got to go for a mini vacay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing like a plush robe to verify a great time in Seattle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing city, and those cookie sandwiches.. We need those in the UK! Brill blog xxx

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love Seattle. When I was there back in May the ferris wheel wasn't quite done yet so I am excited to ride it this October when I visit.

    ReplyDelete