Hot Air Balloon Ride in Park City

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today Jake and I had a fun time going on a Hot Air Balloon Ride! I have always wanted to go on one, and Jake took me! He is the best!
We woke up at 4am to get ready and drive to Park City. Can you see my super tired eyes? We got to the meeting spot at 5:30 am. We didn't realize we didn't need to be there till 6:30am...so we had fun drinking hot chocolate and hanging out.
 Our group (Morning Star Balloons) came and joined us, picked us up, and took us to our launch off spot! The sun coming out.
Getting the balloon ready. It was neat to see! The basket we all stood in is for 10 people. It looks tiny, and I was surprised how roomy it was.
 Watching the balloon go up...and we hopped in the basket!
 Up, up and away!
 Watching other balloons come up.
I was surprised how hazy it was outside. The fires in Utah just keep on burning. Right by PC by Jordenel lake was one last night! I hope the fires stop soon! It made the air foggy like and I would be super scared if there was a fire by my house!
We used Jakes fish eye lens and it worked out great! It helped capture the entire ambience. 
We really enjoyed the hot air balloon. It was not as intense as we thought it was going to be. It was peaceful, calm, and relaxing. I would recommend it to see some fun views and relax. 
Landing the hot air balloon was a adventure in its self! The wind was really still and we were having a hard time landing. We landed in a neighborhood, in a large open field, and a neighbor drove his car over to where we were and started yelling at us all. He told us, balloons are not welcome in my neighborhood :) He even called the cops on us. It made for an intense, funny, and comical landing.
 Jake, Tuna, Elk at Hotel Park City. Its a lovely hotel.
When we got done with our hot air balloon ride, it was only 9am, so we decided to go have some breakfast! We tried a new place to us called No Worries. Its all breakfast there. Jake got "Dante's Inferno." He really liked it! It was a spicy sausage, egg mix.
I got biscuits topped with sausage patties and gravy, with eggs and hash browns! It was soo good! We will be going back there some day for some more breakfast picks.

2 comments

  1. FUN!!! I should totally take my manfriend to do this!!!!! I love the photos :)

    P.S. we ate at No Worries last weekend :) It was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it. Can I just tell you how jealous I am right now?! Incredibly. Riding in a hot air balloon is something I have ALWAYS wanted to do! It's ridiculous.
    Your experience looks amazing! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete